discuss: TLDP and the Commercial World

Subject: Re: TLDP and the Commercial World
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 28 Feb 2005 23:06:35 -0000

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

[snip]
> Did you read about my LDP mark proposal earlier. If we
> have every document marked with a LDP logo that can
> should be removed if any redistributions modify the
> document that can be used as a seal of quality
>
> We can protect both the interests of the authors as
> well as commerical redistributors

I cannot remember that one but I do remember that there have been
several discussions in the past regarding uses of logos to indicate
several things such as particularly eminent HOWTOs. I see Wikipedia
has something similar, featured articles I believe it is called.

I believe indicating quality and original state of a document
could be useful. Would it be hard to implement? Could reviewers
attach a rating to a document or would this open a can of
controversiality worms?

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen