discuss: RE : Suggestion Linuxbios guide

Subject: RE : Suggestion Linuxbios guide
From: Mathieu Deschamps ####@####.####
Date: 28 Feb 2005 13:32:30 -0000

I could translate it to english, I'am not a native speaker but I am fluent.
This is at least 50 pages.
I will provide soon a pointer to this doc as it is now. At the moment, I can't host
it by myself so Machtelt Garrels offers to do it on xalasys.com.

I have not fully read the HOW-TO.HOW-TO, it seems to deal with
how-to write how-tos. Indeed, much more than a how-to my doc is a guide in
the way i had describe it in the previous mail. It deals sometime
of research choices and its whys,  handles theorical aspect on which
technical how-to relies, spots lack point and strengh of Linuxbios.

I pretend it to be a complete project book. Precisely, it's composed of 2 parts.
Fisrtly, the study called "l'étude" falling into 2 sections : project analysis
(project presentation, study organisation and a means-tools-ressource section) and a
implementation analysis (feasabilty (Linxubios pros and cons), Linux kernel-Bios
interactions study, study of available software solutions). That is 40 pages.
Secondly, the howto called 'mise en oeuvre' that explains howto realise below-studied
solutions and how to get your linuxbios prototype. That is only 10 pages.
And of course references, annexes diagramms and such.

I mean :
On to the LDP format point, it's been written in Open Office so I guess there is
no problem to acquire such file format.
But on the LDP structure point, I'am afraid what I described doesn't
look like a usual LDP doc and I'am afraid I had to refactor it and drop to many
pieces to get it done.

But I want it to be distribute, so yes please I'd like to have a volonteer to convert it, provided we could discuss the process because : I'd like next time to do it myself and also to understand factually LDP writing tech. doc. style => Ultimately of course, I'd like to never convert a doc any more.

mathieu.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail