discuss: Suggestion : Linuxbios guide

Subject: Suggestion : Linuxbios guide
From: Mathieu Deschamps ####@####.####
Date: 28 Feb 2005 10:36:10 -0000

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:56:39 +0100 (CET)
De: Mathieu Deschamps
Objet: Suggestion
À: ####@####.####

Hello,

I'd like to contribute back to the linux community via
LDP.
I've done a project book that i've convert into a
guide for LinuxBios. This falls into a Linuxbios
main explaination, key features, into how to install
linuxbios onto the embedded target, into how to tweak
linuxbios to your use, into how to rom making and
burning, into how to test your free bios on your x86
arch machine. There's some boot theory, OS/BIOS
limitations and boundaries, role of Linux Kernel,
bootchainning, but it's rather a implementation guide
in a research approch.

Oh, another point :it's written in french. I would
love to have what I propose during this work. I'am
sure it would help linuxbios dev. to implement free
bios code for embedded device or clusters.

What do you think of this ?

Best salutations.

Mathieu Deschamps

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail