discuss: Preparing announcement: TLDP and Librarian Science

Subject: Re: Preparing announcement: TLDP and Librarian Science
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 25 Feb 2005 19:13:00 -0000

Hi

> TLDP visibility has decreased in recent years, many
> distributions
> no longer carry HOWTO archives and Debian has split
> the collection
> into free an non-free.

meanwhile David here is arguing that Debian did the
wrong thing and we dont have anything to worry about
since distributions dont complain. The fact is that
distributions dont complain because they dont
distribute the docs at all. LDP isnt helping them by
encouraging custom licenses and allowing documents
that are non modifiable to hosted here.

Announcements then is one way
> of regaining
> that visibility and that is why I keep on doing
> them.

Yes. they are heavily under rated.

> Incidentally I see the announcement is up on TLDP
> Weekly News
> though not in the very latest version. A few more
> contact names
> were added, see attachment below. The news might be
> updated with
> this version. This happened a little before I
> expected it to but
> timing is fine with me. Can we agree on sending out
> the
> announcement now?

I say  YES

=====