discuss: Preparing announcement: TLDP and Librarian Science

Subject: Re: Preparing announcement: TLDP and Librarian Science
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2005 23:23:58 -0000

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:06:00AM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is time to prepare the announcement of the cooperation between TLDP and
> experts from Librarian Sciences. I have made a draft that I hope we can
> discuss here.
>
> Also a copy has been sent to a few on the Librarian Sciences side for
> feedback.
>
> When this project is completed I hope to write up another announcement and
> thus keep some visibility on this. Personally I see this as an important
> and also exciting development that will benefit TLDP and also in some ways
> the field of Librarian Sciences, particularly in terms of visibility.
>
> This time I hope this will make for a wider publication, perhaps in a
> place like LinuxPr in addition to the usual suspects (home page, Kuro5hin,
> Slashdot, Usenet News and more). Therefore we might need a contact person
> which will be added to the end. Who should be the contact person? Should a
> seperate email address be set up?
>
> Note that Gerd Berget's report is finished but not yet translated
> into English which is the reason it has not been published here.
> There are more than 100 pages to translate, more news on that will
> follow later.
>
> Regards,
>    Stein Gjoen

It seems like hype to me.  I thought "hype" meant hyperbole but my
dictionary says that "hype" has its own meaning.  But I think the
announcement is also hyperbole.  The categories classification is a
minor problem as compared to that of out-of-date documentation.  I think
that the announcement should be much shorter and might imply that it's
just one minor step in improving LDP.