discuss: proposal: Secure Internet for Small Office / Home Office HOWTO

Subject: proposal: Secure Internet for Small Office / Home Office HOWTO
From: Coert ####@####.####
Date: 23 Feb 2005 20:35:31 -0000

What once started as a simple notebook has grown into a document that
might prove useful to others.

The HOWTO describes how to bring up your own Firewall, Wireless Access
Point and VPN Server on a single board computer.  It currently uses
the Geode SC1100 and Atheros WiFi NIC, but could easily be extended to
include other hardware, drivers and services.  For me it has been a
fun project, and others might enjoy it too.

While there are many HOWTOs describing some of the details of this
document, I have not been able to find a complete description on how
to bring up a system and make all the services work reliably.

The current draft of the (docbook) document can be found at
   http://www.cybcon.com/~coert/linux/siso/index.html

If there is an interest, I can contribute the document to the LDP.
Suggestions for improvements are welcome.  Please let me hear what you
think.

Cheers,
Coert Vonk