discuss: Preview of categories

Subject: Re: Preview of categories
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 23 Feb 2005 10:33:41 -0000

Hi

> All LDP docs may be commercially redistributed but
> not all may be
> modified.  Most people just want a doc that will
> help solve their
> problem and don't really care much whether or not
> it's modifiable.

Along the same arguments most people dont care about
whether the source code is modifiable. can we say we
dont care about Free or open source software then?

Modifiable documents is a right we need to have in the
longer run and very useful in occasions where its
necessary. Otherwise we are relying on the original
author or counting on a complete rewrite to fix
problems.I strongly suggest this becomes a
*requirement*.

> So the ability to fetch like you suggest above,
> while it would be nice
> to have, isn't of high priority IMO.

High priority for end users? - not really

potentially very useful for distributions ? -
obsolutely

Please dont bring in the plone argument. We cant
really wait for that anymore

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram