discuss: GNU Linux Command Line Tools Summary Ready for inclusion

Subject: GNU Linux Command Line Tools Summary Ready for inclusion
From: Gareth Anderson ####@####.####
Date: 18 Feb 2005 22:21:00 -0000

Hi everyone,

Yes, I have decided to CC the entire discussion group on this.

I believe that Tabatha would be the most familiar with this document.

Yes, its being through 2 reviewers (neither was able to do the entire
document, but their advice allowed me to revise the document as a
whole).
Its had a basic technical review, I don't think its a good idea to
review it yet again.

This document has being worked upon for >2 years now and is likely
ready to be included in the TLDP collection, there is one known
(minor) error in this document, and I am ready to submit it and
hopefully acceptance.

Rather than attach a huge file to this, please visit the documents
home (kindly hosted by Chris Karakas):

http://www.karakas-online.de/gnu-linux-tools-summary/

The formats page where you can download it:
http://www.karakas-online.de/gnu-linux-tools-summary/introduction.html#FORMATS

Or a direct link to the file which contains all the formats:
http://www.karakas-online.de/gnu-linux-tools-summary/gnu-linux-tools-summary.tar.gz

Yes, this document is converted from LyX format by Chris's lyxtox
scripts, please do not try to edit the SGML, it is automatically
generated each time the scripts are run.

For information on Chris's scripts please visit:
http://www.karakas-online.de/mySGML

Please consider finally adding it to the howto section (at this size
it may be considered a guide ~136 pages with a broad scope).

This new version has had content removed, I am not sure how much more
work I will be doing on it.
I have cut a lot of content and made huge efforts to make it more
readable, please consider it without questioning its scope again.

If you need more information just ask :)

Regards,
Gareth

P.S. anyone want any gmail invites, drop me an email off-list, I've got 50...