discuss: PPPoE Server HOWTO?

Subject: Re: PPPoE Server HOWTO?
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 16 Feb 2005 10:09:23 -0000

--- Javier Smaldone ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > looks good. can you present a online link to this
> list
> > when you have the document ready?
>
> Actually is not "ready", but you can see a draft
> version at:

i meant ready for review :)

> http://www.smaldone.com.ar/drafts/
>
> I think it will serve you to see what I have in
> mind.
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Move the  PPPoE explanation to the introduction and
explain better what radius authentication means. more
specifically where it would be beneficial

please move kernel and any other complex compilation
instructions to appendix or as notes unless its
required for this to be funtional and not available by
default

if you include scripts make them downloadable as a
seperate package.

"Sorry... I won't explain here how to compile Linux,
you should already know how to do that. I you don't,
go to section Kernel Rebuild Guide."

change this to read "Please refer to the Kernel
rebuild guide[link] for a detailed explanation on
doing it if the PPPoE extensions are not enabled by
default in your system"

"I've used as base system Debian GNU/Linux testing
(Sarge), but I've tried to keep this HOWTO
``distribution-independent''. (Although everybody
should use Debian. ;) )"

this can be replaced by "The reference system used to
document these instructions is Debian GNU/Linux.
However this document is written in a distribution
independant manner. If your distribution requires any
further instructions please send me more feedback on
it"

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram