discuss: New HOWTO: Self-certifying File System (SFS)

Subject: Re: New HOWTO: Self-certifying File System (SFS)
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 3 Feb 2005 19:35:04 -0000

G Ferguson / LDP wrote:

>>>Wouldn't it be better then to make the HOWTO index a bit more desciptive?
>>>This was suggested on the feedback mailinglist last week.
>>>
>>I second this. I also made a suggestion how it could be done:
>>	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/doc_index.html
>
> That's really not any more *descriptive* than the current HOWTO
> index is it? It states the abstract, which is what we do now. The
> difference is that it contains links to the different variants for the
> document (postscript, pdf, plain text etc)

I feel adding the abstract does make things more descriptive. In
addition there is a line with keywords for additional searching
possibilities. In the HOWTO Generator I put in a field for
one line descriptions that if implemented could be added too.

> I could easily produce such a list from my existing scripts, if that's
> what we want and folks feel it would make for a better "index".

You have my vote for making that list.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen