discuss: VirtualWebhosting howto for ur review

Subject: Re: VirtualWebhosting howto for ur review
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Jan 2005 21:08:21 -0000

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 16:10 +0000, Machtelt Garrels wrote:
> While I completely agree with you, Rodolpho, flaming is not the solution.
> It might relieve you, but by sending this out in public, you are no better

I don't claim to be any better. I just have different beliefs and views
than some other people do, which is why I argue or contest an issue
sometimes.

I really shouldn't have tagged that message as a flame. It was not an
impulse reaction (hell, it's been four days since David's note to
Muhammad) but rather a very strongly-worded note intended to provoke in
its readers at least a little thought if not perhaps some constructive
discussion, self-examination, and philosophical musings on the type of
community LDP wants to be. (I've quit using "we" for the moment.)

I was in no way seeking relief from frustration, but rather expressing a
condemnation of an attitude which is IN EVERY CASE destructive to the
organization in whose context it is expressed.

My dear Tille, you have my apologies if my choice of words is at times
stronger (and less civilized) than you would prefer. Certainly it is not
my only means of expression, but occasionally a chosen form of very
strong emphasis. I won't promise to change, and hopefully I won't bother
you too much.

> For everybody: before you hit that SEND button/key, try to consider how
> you would feel if you were at the receiving end of the message you are
> about to roll into the world.  Also try to think about people who read
> your message, but are not directly addressed.

I did! <grin>

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz ####@####.####