discuss: part of the review?

Subject: Re: part of the review?
From: Dan York ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jul 2001 13:32:49 -0000

Joshua,

> Another part of this, is that I have found that some authors are
> not opposed  to DocBook. They are opposed to the conversion. For example,
> the IP-MASQ  HOWTO. We (Command Prompt) converted all 200 pages of the
> IP-MASQ HOWTO for the author and he was greatly appreciative.
>
> He just didn't have the time to do the conversion himself.

I think this is the case for many authors.  Last year I helped Thorsten
Kukuk with converting the NIS HOWTO over to DocBook.  My memory is a
bit hazy but the situation was that he wanted to go to DocBook and didn't
have the time.... I don't remember if I converted the whole thing to DB
or if I took what he had started, finished the conversion, validated it,
etc., etc.... I just remember him being very appreciative of the assist
in getting it into DocBook.  Since that time he has maintained it in
DocBook and will continue to do so.  I think many authors are probably
in a similar situation and anything we can do to help them work with
it will be useful.

My 2 cents,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        ####@####.####
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739