discuss: Request for Review - Linux Home Server HOWTO

Subject: Re: Request for Review - Linux Home Server HOWTO
From: Saqib Ali ####@####.####
Date: 2 Jan 2005 18:23:14 -0000

Hello Miles,

The HOWTO looks pretty good, and covers a lot of interesting topics.

I read chapters 12, 13, 14, and 16, cause I m fimiliar with these
topics. I didn't catch any tecnical errors. But here is some feedback
on the content:

chapter 12 (sendmail): Looks goods.

chapter 13 (apache): In the SSL section you might also want to add
that after generating the CSR, the user can send the CSR to be signed
by a Certificate Authority as well, instead of just signing their own
public certificates. You can also add a section on how to remove the
passphrase from the Private Key (see
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO/ssl.html#AEN605)

chapter 14 (FTP): looks good.

chapter 16 (SSH): A section on SSH tunneling might be good. you can
give examples of how SSH tunnelling can utilized e.g. accessing port
that are blocked on a firewall, or encrypting LDAP traffic using SSH
tunneling etc.

Where is the XML source of this document located?

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net

--