discuss: New to TLDP / GameServer HOWTO

Subject: Re: New to TLDP / GameServer HOWTO
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 8 Dec 2004 17:38:23 -0000

--- Jeremy Turner ####@####.#### wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm a frequent tldp.org user, and I'm sometimes
> frustrated by the
> stale-ness of some of the documentation.  It's not
> that documation is
> wrong, but looking at HOWTO and seeing "Jan 2000" is
> not very
> encouraging.

The responsibility of maintaining docs would rest with
the authors or volunteers willing to maintain the
document.  The last updated date might not be the best
way to find this out. Some of the documents explaining
the basic concepts like Unix and Internet fundamentals
Howto neednt be updated very frequently for example

> I've decided that the best thing I can do is join
> the list and help out
> some of the authors that wrote good HOWTOs that
> haven't been updated in
> a while.
>
> I wanted to start with the Game Server HOWTO.  I
> contacted the author
> and he said it was fine to take over.  My idea was
> to add information
> for setting up Battlefield 1942 and Desert Combat,
> along with any other
> newer games that have Linux servers (BF1942 and DC
> are the two I'm most
> familiar with).

A Gaming howto however requires periodic updates. Glad
that you are willing to work on this. After you have
added the material you wanted to include in the
document present the updated document to this list for
a review and feedback. You can submit the document for
inclusion

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram