discuss: Re: French translation of the Windows+BSD+Linux Installation Guide

Subject: Re: French translation of the Windows+BSD+Linux Installation Guide
From: "s. keeling" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Dec 2004 16:30:45 -0000

Incoming from Baptiste Mélès:

> I would like to translate in French the Windows+BSD+Linux Installation
> Guide. I am contacting you because you corrected this document ; I tried
> to contact Subhasish Ghosh ####@####.#### but the mail
> address seems not to match.

Bonjour Baptiste.  I did a language review on this document.  The last
time I looked at its status, I thought it was ready for acceptance by
tldp, but the review coordinator(s) should know better what's going on.

> Before starting this translation, I would like to ask you a few
> questions:
>
> - Could you tell me if you are aware of any existing translation,
>   or any translation being currently done?

None that I know of.

> - Are you currently working on an update to this document? If it
>   is the case, could you send me a preliminary version I can
>   start working on?

I've signed off on the review, and that was accepted by tldp.

> - And, naturally, do you agree to have us translating this
>   document?

_I_ certainly do.  I expect tldp would as well.  What Subhashish wants
is a mystery since he's apparently disappeared.

> For your information, once you have agreed to this translation,
> I'll start working on it. After translation, the document will
> be proofreaded and then published by the traduc.org French
> translation project.
>
> I will notify you as soon as the translation is completed, and
> if appropriate, send you a report of the updates applied to the
> French version that could be integrated into your document.
>
> The French version of this document will be available at the
> following location:
> http://www.traduc.org/docs/guides/lecture/Win+BSD+Linux-Install/
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> Baptiste Mélès

I'm Cc:-ing the discuss list at tldp on this.  I'm sure they can give
you more accurate information on the state of affairs.

- -