discuss: Linux Home Server - HOWTO Document Proposal

Subject: Re: Linux Home Server - HOWTO Document Proposal
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 25 Nov 2004 02:44:38 -0000

Hi

> The document will be hosted on my website
> (http://www.brennan.id.au)
> during development if anyone cares to view/comment,
> obviously there will
> be plenty of holes until it's complete.

well it would be better for you to post a link for
every major revision and collect feedback and use it
to update the document further

> On a side note, I have contacted both authors of the
> similar HOWTOs, and
> they have replied their intentions for
> update/maintanence on their work.
> Who do I need to pass this onto?

do you mean that they want you to take over
maintainance?. if so then make sure you have a
compatible license or ask them to relicense their
document according to what you want.

Creative commons attribution share alike license or
GNU FDL without the invariant sections seems to be
common ones. I would like you to choose an existing
license rather than write an arbitrary one yourself

Please update your copyright/license section as soon
as possible.

You can take over maintainance if thats what they the
other authors want and integrate the content into your
howto and make it as non distro specific as possible.
include the distro specific stuff as additional notes
in the appendix. if you want the document to be fc
specific then you might want to change the title as
such or submit it to the fedora docs project instead

note on section called package management: fc3 up2date
and yum has automatic mirror switching

regards
Rahul Sundaram

=====