discuss: Linux Home Server - HOWTO Document Proposal

Subject: Re: Linux Home Server - HOWTO Document Proposal
From: "Michael H. Collins" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Nov 2004 14:07:18 -0000

I don't say much here and i waited to see this thread go for a while.

I think this document is not in the unix way which is lots of small
programs working together.  To me all the individual subjects in this
proposed document should have their own document as most already do.

And then there are things like yum/up2date which are distrocentric and
really put me off.  And who would run sendmail when there is postfix etc.

I can see a document showing how to put all these things together but it
would IMHO have to be a real general doc showing what choices there are
to do these things, but not with specific software hardcoded in. A list
of packages one could use to get to the result would be nice.  Then
point to each of the documents for implementation.

If I wrote this doc it would contain one four letter word.

RTFM  :-))

just my 2 cents.

--
Michael H. Collins  Admiral, Penguinista Navy

http://linuxlink.com

/"\    	ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    	No HTML/RTF in email
  x     	No Word docs in email
/ \    	Respect for open standards

The eye that looks ahead to the safe course is closed forever.
     -Paul Muad'Dib (Dune)