discuss: Re: translating howto's and doc's into german

Subject: Re: Fwd: translating howto's and doc's into german
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 22 Nov 2004 16:31:51 -0000

--- Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.#### wrote:

> xaero,
>
> We usually discuss things like this on The LDP
> mailing lists.
>
> Giridhar

You can go ahead and translate any of the existing
howtos and/or guides.

1)verify whether the license allows for translation(
its considered a form of modification). GNU FDL,
creative common licenses or any BSDish license should
allow this. If you are in doubt confirm this with the
list.

2)Please send the authors/maintainers a note letting
them know that you are currently trying to translate
their document just in case they are going to update
the document in a short time.

.

> I'm also aware that there is another german
> translator, but it seems that he
> hasn't worked on the project for
> a while. Due to this I wrote "I hope that I'm right
> "here".", because I
> havn't found a contact for the translators and I
> didn't want to send a mail
> to someone who probably doesn't work for TLDP
> anymore.
>
> greetings
> xaero

It would be better if you can mail the other German
translator and coordinate your work.

regards
Rahul Sundaram

=====