discuss: Resend: Proposal: iSCSI-Linux HOWTO

Subject: Re: Resend: Proposal: iSCSI-Linux HOWTO
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 11 Nov 2004 22:26:40 -0000

Quoting Ben Rockwood ####@####.####

> Just returning to the origonal point.  I'm going to assume there is no
> objects to either of my proposals and that there is no reviewers avalible
> and therefore prep/write and submit my docs.  I had time to complete
> them when I submitted the proposals but I don't now, so they should
> be submitted in 2-3 weeks I hope.

I could be wrong, but my impression is that reviewers are to be "available"
to review documents, not proposed documents.

My impression is that you posted some proposal to write a document,
nobody said anything, and you stopped, thinking that the process was
broken.  I believe what you've been hearing is [paraphrasing]:  "We're
very sorry about the misunderstanding.   The suggestion that you check
here before writing a doc is advisory, to help people catch problems
before they occur.  Please do go ahead and write your document."  Which
brings us to the present.

I don't think there are "no reviewers available".  In fact, I know
that's not an issue, since I _am_ a reviewer and am available.

Anyhow, although I don't speak for LDP, I imagine we'll all be delighted
to see your (projected) document.