discuss: Inaction and Proceedures

Subject: RE: Inaction and Proceedures
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2004 17:42:29 -0000

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 06:32, Greg Porter wrote:
> Ben Rockwood wrote:
>
> >I appologies for the comment.  After nearly two weeks with only 1 post
> >besides mine I got the false impression that TLDP had fallen into
> >neglect.  Based on the responces today I can see that this was an
> >incorrect observation.  As a long time user of TLDP documentation and
> >seeing the update activity I perhaps improperly assumed TLDP was a
> >bustling project with large ammounts of activity in the mailing lists..
>
> >this was, in hind sight, an assumption I shouldn't have made, and
> >further shouldnt' have interprited simply by a lack of list activity.
>
> Be of good cheer, benr.  It might take TLDP a while to process a
> document as it is a volunteer organization, but  it does eventually
> happen.  All those involved have "real" jobs, and they do TLDP for
> fun/travel/excitement/adventure/masochism, etc.

Thanks for the kind words, Greg!  My "real" job just recently gave me a
bunch of new responsibilities, and while I wish I could give TLDP the
time I used to give when I wasn't working, it's just not possible.

We always need more people to volunteer - this might be a good time to
remind everyone that if you want to help out, we're glad to take you up
on the offer!

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall