discuss: Inaction and Proceedures

Subject: Re: Inaction and Proceedures
From: Ben Rockwood ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2004 05:56:57 -0000

Rick Moen wrote:

>Quoting Ben Rockwood ####@####.####
>

>>Given the fact that the proceedures stated in the LDP Authors Guide have
>>effectively broken done to the lack of activity on the part of
>>contributing users or LDP staff, what do we now do to submit documents?
>>

>I don't speak for LDP and am not staff; I just maintain a couple of LDP
>documents and occasionally help review / copyedit new submitted docs.
>However, I'm unclear on in what way submissions are not currently
>working.  Could you mean perhaps:
>

>>I'm still waiting for review of my previous proposals made 2 weeks ago.
>>

>Perhaps I've missed something, but LDP generally reviews submitted
>documents rather than proposals.  It might help if you were more
>specific.

Sorry if it seems like I'm just bitching, I guess it could look that
way... but refering to the LDP Authors
Guide: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/process.html

This guide outlines that step 1 is to join this list and:
" If you have not yet written your documentation, please review our
documents (current <http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html>,
unmaintained <http://tldp.org/authors/unmaint.html> and in progress
<http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/process.html>) and submit
a proposal to the list. Your proposal should include reasons why your
document will be different than those already in the collection; or
identify a subject that is currently missing from our documentation. For
more information about writing proposals, please read Chapter 3
<http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/propose.html>."

Normally I wouldn't bother to adhere tightly to the rules, but given
that someone spent alot of time writing an authors guide, and this
outline is echo'ed in other places combined with the staff structure of
the project, I just figured that you guys want this done in an organized
and strict/proffessional manner, which is what I'm (trying :)), to do.

benr.