discuss: Resend: Proposal: iSCSI-Linux HOWTO

Subject: Re: Resend: Proposal: iSCSI-Linux HOWTO
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 9 Nov 2004 01:33:16 -0000

Hi

>   I'm getting ready to rehash the document and makes
> some corrections,
> additions, and other changes due to some changes in
> the iSCSI projects
> around.  It strikes me that this document maybe
> should actually be an
> official LDP HOWTO rather than an paper on my
> personal website.

yes that would be a good idea. its also helps you
reach a better idea and use the feedback to improve
the document.

>   If I rehash this paper to get it up to date and
> then reformat it to
> comply with LDPs DocBook standards would it be
> acceptable to submit this
>  as an official HOWTO?

It should be noted that LDP does not demand that you
submit the document in docbook format. you have the
choice of Linux doc and even plain text provided that
you get a volunteer to convert it into
Docbook/Linuxdoc

Whether it would be acceptable for LDP depends on
whether you gather enough interest for someone to
volunteer to review it. The volunteer should also have
sufficient knowledge about the topic to do a tech
review. I suggest that you present the updated
document in docbook if thats your format of choice and
see if you can get it included in LDP

regards
Rahul Sundaram

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.