discuss: LDPWN, news@en.tldp.org and its archives [Was: Re: News]

Subject: LDPWN, news@en.tldp.org and its archives [Was: Re: News]
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.####
Date: 8 Nov 2004 21:46:57 -0000

Chris,

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:54:41 -0500, Christopher Priest
####@####.#### wrote:
> > Hmm. When you click the "by date" link they all show. That means it's just
> > the link on page http://lists.tldp.org/index.cgi to ####@####.####

That doesn't work as you discovered.  Right now the only way to access
the news archives is to go to http://tldp.org/ldpwn

> Sorry about this being in dribs and drabs. When you click the "by date"
> button the "next" button does not work and there is no "start date".
>
> When you click next the side message changes from messages from 1-99 to
> 100-199 but only 16 newsletters are displayed and the same ones in both
> cases. Further next clicks result in no changes.

I asked a few times if things could be set fine  (as in, if I can have
permissions to post to the ####@####.#### mailing list).
Unfortunately, I did not get any answer.

Each week when I mail the LDPWN out, ####@####.#### is in To:.  but
none of these happen:

(a) Email to the people who are subscribed to ####@####.#### list
(b) Archiving the LDPWN on the mailing list
(c) A bounce message indicating that I am not allowed to post to the list.

I for one, used to wait for the LDPWN every week to take a look at the
list of updated documents (long ago when Tille and I weren't doing
it).  It might also help to know that when we announced that LDPWN
would be re-started, the announcement was forwarded to various LUG
lists and people (re-)subscribed to the news mailing list.  I guess
the LDPWN in its current form is more useful and is being done more or
less regularly since the last 1.5 years.

Perhaps we at LDP aren't all that interested in LDPWN.  Tille and I
can stop doing it if that is told.  I would rather be informed so, than
being kept in the dark about it without an response.

I shall try and keep doing it till I get frustrated of the inaction.

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/