discuss: Proposal: iSCSI-Linux HOWTO

Subject: Proposal: iSCSI-Linux HOWTO
From: Ben Rockwood ####@####.####
Date: 31 Oct 2004 09:37:03 -0000

Hello.

  Awhile back, seeing that iSCSI is becoming more popular particularly
on Linux, I was bothered by the massive lack of documentation avalible
and wrote my own, entitled "A Quick Guide to iSCSI on Linux"
(http://www.cuddletech.com/articles/iscsi/index.html).
If you search google for "linux iscsi" it comes up in the top 5 hits,
it's currently considered the manual for the iSCSI Enterprise Target
project (http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/) and currently seems like
on of the most popular guides to iSCSI on the net.

  I'm getting ready to rehash the document and makes some corrections,
additions, and other changes due to some changes in the iSCSI projects
around.  It strikes me that this document maybe should actually be an
official LDP HOWTO rather than an paper on my personal website.

  If I rehash this paper to get it up to date and then reformat it to
comply with LDPs DocBook standards would it be acceptable to submit this
as an official HOWTO?

  Thank You.

  benr.