discuss: Re: 802.1X reviewers still wanted!

Subject: Re: 802.1X reviewers still wanted!
From: Lars Strand ####@####.####
Date: 12 Oct 2004 15:49:30 -0000

I'am CC'ing this to the submit and discuss list as well.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Ira Krakow wrote:

> I am a native United States English speaker.  I have
> technical writing and book authoring experience.  In
> addition I do database consulting on the Windows
> platform.  I am migrating to Linux (I have Fedora Core
> 2 and Windows XP dual booted).  I live in the Boston,
> Massachusetts area.

That is great! (Since I'm no native english speaking -
as you sure have figured out by now ;)

> I would like to do a US English review of your 802.1X
> howto.  The topic is very interesting to me.  At first
> glance, the document appears to be well organized,
> although I see some minor spelling and grammar errors.

If you like - you can do a technical review as well (double check all
technical terms and references). Since I've already have had both the
developers of Xsupplicant and freeRADIUS to read it over - this should
not be necessary.

> I could edit the XML file with vi or emacs, do a diff
> -u with the original file, and email the diff output.
> Would that be what you're looking for as far as output
> is concerned?  Is there a better way of editing?

You don't need to do a diff - you can just send me the
corrected XML file and I'll diff it myself if you have never
done it before.

> Please bear with me, since this is my first time doing
> a review of this sort on Linux.
>
> PS.  I also see that you would like an encrypted
> reply.  I would like to learn the best method for
> doing encrypted email and would like your opinion.

No need to encrypt the reply - the document is public anyway.

> Thank you very much.  I look forward to hearing from
> you soon.

Just send me a mail as soon as you are finished! And I'll re-submit it
to the tldp.org!

--
Lars Strand
GnuPG/PGP Key: http://www.gnist.org/~lars/pubkey.asc  ID: 972F4325