discuss: initial peer review required for my restore CD/DVD HOWTO

Subject: Re: initial peer review required for my restore CD/DVD HOWTO
From: Frank Boehm ####@####.####
Date: 9 Sep 2004 08:05:35 -0000

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Teus Benschop wrote:

> All this is already done by mondo rescue.

No it's not the same, in fact there are big differences:

Most important, you have to install mondo in an already working linux
system. Primary target are filesystems that can be read by linux.
The restore CD/DVD is selfcontained and can backup partitions. Of course
mindi can do that to, but the beauty of my solution is the ease of use for
an enduser.

Imagine a linux install party, where the new linux starter will get a
restore CD/DVD specialized for his system and he will be able to restore his
linux and/or windows partition.

Some people are simply afraid to use a new system, because they can't
but it's just for you.  Save his system *before* there are any changes
made permanently.  You just have one more argument to let him try linux.

besides many links on the mondo website are broken, you can't use mondo now,
I don't trust a website where most of the links don't work, for example:

| http://www.mondorescue.org/download/MondoCD/documentation/linuxpackages.html
| 4.4. Related Linux Packages
| this link is:
| http://www.mondorescue.org/download/MondoCD/download.html Not Found

| or Q: How do I know if Mondo works with my Linux distro?
| A: Check the Documentation page.
| http://www.mondorescue.org/download/docs/docs.html Not Found

cu Frank

--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
 -- Albert Einstein