discuss: initial peer review required for my restore CD/DVD HOWTO

Subject: Re: initial peer review required for my restore CD/DVD HOWTO
From: Rick Meyerhoff ####@####.####
Date: 8 Sep 2004 17:17:08 -0000

Frank,
I think this is a good start for a good open source software project but
I don't think that it should be a HOWTO.

There may already be a project like this, you would have to do the
research. The way I see it is that the user would:
1. download and burn your bootable CD
2. boot the CD in the system to be backed up
3. your specialized Linux system would analyze the system to determine
the hardware, filesystem types, partitions, whatever
4. the user would be presented with a GUI that would give them choices
of what to do next: backup, restore, view info

--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff