discuss: initial peer review required for my restore CD/DVD HOWTO

Subject: initial peer review required for my restore CD/DVD HOWTO
From: Frank Boehm ####@####.####
Date: 8 Sep 2004 15:54:10 -0000

Hello,

is there need for a backup/restore solution HOWTO?

How to make an image of any partition for a backup and create an automated
Linux restore CD/DVD ISO image or burn direct to CD/DVD?

It's easy for the enduser, boot with CD/DVD and wait till it' finished.
The tricky part is to get the backup in the first place. I have developed a
solution that works for me and others.

Thanks to the The_LDP_HOWTO_Generator V0.51 my documentation can be found
here: http://www.baldar.de/pub/restore/howto/restore-HOWTO.html

In another email I have found:
... ESR's experience is an interesting example of how we deter potential
authors.

Thats right, I read those HOWTOs and I'm still not sure, about the right
procedure. Sorry if I'm wrong here.

cu Frank

--
Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.