discuss: Linuxquestions.org wiki

Subject: Linuxquestions.org wiki
From: ####@####.####
Date: 3 Sep 2004 18:51:20 -0000

Hi, I'm a moderator for the linuxquestions.org Wiki (wiki.linuxquestions.org), a collaboratively-edited repository for all things Linux. Our work is licensed under the Creative Commons (attribution and share-alike variant) license. We'd like to incorporate documents from the LDP, but most of the documents, as licensed, can't be released under the Creative Commons without the copyright holder's consent. I'm writing this email in attempt to get that consent. I'm aware that the LDP is not the copyright holder of the documents it hosts, but I thought that this mailing list would be a good place to start.

If you're the copyright holder of a LDP document (or any other Linux-related document) that you would like to release under the Creative Commons (by-sa), drop me a line at ####@####.#### and I'll take care of the scut work of incorporating it into our wiki.

I'm also planning on contacting individual authors of articles that are high on our want list, but I might need help tracking down authors of some of the older articles.

If you have the time, please come by the wiki and contribute. It would be wonderful to have the input of experienced technical writers!

Thank You

Dan Marshall (crazyeddie)