discuss: HOWTO submittion

Subject: Re: HOWTO submittion
From: Dashamir Hoxha ####@####.####
Date: 30 Aug 2004 14:48:47 -0000

> Your goal is laudable but you probably need to modify
> it to add more content. This document looks like its
> more oriented towards newbies . If you agree that this
> is indeed the kind of audience you are targetting this
> document towards you will have to go through the
> document once again and check whether each of the
> terms and steps are clearly expressed. check with the
> other documents in LDP to see whether you document is
> redundant in anyway. From the LDP point of view
> documents that are unique in one way or the other
> would be better. If there are already a few documents
> with the same kind of goals you might want to
> coordinate with them to add your content there

Yes, the target audience is the newby linux admins
(not the newby linux users).

I have already submitted it to Fedora documentation,
however If anybody thinks that by modifying it a
little bit it can become a useful howto, he is wellcome
to modify it (generalizing it etc.). On the other hand,
if somebody thinks that parts of it can be used to patch
or to improve existing howtos, he is free to get them.
Myself I prefer to improve it as a tutorial rather than
transforming it into a howto.

Regards,
Dashamir