discuss: HOWTO submittion

Subject: Re: HOWTO submittion
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 30 Aug 2004 09:28:24 -0000

Hi

> I have no intentions of generalising it. I leave it
> to the
> common sense of the readers to adopt it for their
> particular case or prefered distribution.

You might want to rename the howto to reflect this as
suggested earlier. Unfortunately the kind of audience
you are likely to target cannot apply "common sense"
to do these things.

> > You might want to
> > submit this doc to fedora docs project esp since
> this
> > document is task oriented which is the kind of
> docs
> > they are expecting to host
> >
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/
>
> This is a very good idea, thanks. Now I see that my
> doc is more like a tutorial than like a howto.

task oriented doesnt necessarily mean a tutorial.
Since I am on the fedora docs list I am aware of the
increased amount of activity in the last few weeks.
You can file your doc in the bugzilla and discuss it
there if you are interested.

> No, this is my IP. In the attached documents it is
> replaced
> with a dummy IP.

I wouldnt want to trust a random IP. Please consider
something more secure

> > I am not sure why you are creating network files
> in a
> > non standard location. fedora usually puts them in
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
>
> Because I am not fedora. I want to find easily the
> configuration files that I add or modify. This is
> how
> I do it. I think it is good, however it may not be
> the
> best approach for everybody.

Since your document is fedora specific it might be a
better idea to follow whats well standardised with
that particular distro.

> Sorry, I know nothing about it. However, what I
> describe
> in the document is not a caching server, it is a
> database
> server named Cache (which unfortunately is
> commercial,
> but this is what my employer uses).

You might want to explain better what it is capable
of. "Cache" is rather a confusing name for a database
server. You might want to compare it with other
alternatives like MySQL and Postgres. Its what the
rest of us are probably more used to.

> If you wish to discuss them, why not, I would be
> happy.
> However I think that they are not yet finished or
> ready.

You can submit it to the list when you think its
ready.

regards
Rahul Sundaram

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush