discuss: HOWTO submittion

Subject: Re: HOWTO submittion
From: Dashamir Hoxha ####@####.####
Date: 30 Aug 2004 07:49:27 -0000

> on a quick glance it seems to be fedora specific and
> not generic enough to be useful for everyone using
> linux as a server.

That is right, it is fedora1 specific.

> You should probably generalise the
> content or rename the howto so that the readers can
> know its related to fedora mostly.

I have no intentions of generalising it. I leave it to the
common sense of the readers to adopt it for their
particular case or prefered distribution.

> You might want to
> submit this doc to fedora docs project esp since this
> document is task oriented which is the kind of docs
> they are expecting to host
>
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/

This is a very good idea, thanks. Now I see that my
doc is more like a tutorial than like a howto.

> "http://213.247.46.14/fedora1/images/"
>
> you have asked readers to download the images from
> this particular location. doesnt seem to be a good
> idea to me.redirect them to official fedora mirrors
> instead

No, this is my IP. In the attached documents it is replaced
with a dummy IP.

> I am not sure why you are creating network files in a
> non standard location. fedora usually puts them in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Because I am not fedora. I want to find easily the
configuration files that I add or modify. This is how
I do it. I think it is good, however it may not be the
best approach for everybody.

> I also believe that fedora itself comes with a caching
> server which might be better integrated than what you
> suggest in the document.

Sorry, I know nothing about it. However, what I describe
in the document is not a caching server, it is a database
server named Cache (which unfortunately is commercial,
but this is what my employer uses).

> I havent looked at the other docs yet. We can discuss
> them one by one

If you wish to discuss them, why not, I would be happy.
However I think that they are not yet finished or ready.

Thanks for yor constructive comments.
Regards,
Dashamir