discuss: Re: vlist wildly inaccurate

Subject: Re: vlist wildly inaccurate
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 28 Aug 2004 21:29:41 -0000

Sorry for a massively delayed reply; my daytime job is consuming most
of my waking hours and then some.

Machtelt Garrels wrote:

[snip]

> And then, the people.  Currenlty listed:
> (please check that you are in the list if you think you ought to, check
> your function and let us know if we have to do any changes, no?)

[snip]

> - - Stein Gjoen, maintains to do list: is this still the case?  General mail
> address?

I kind of do but I have progressed to actually implementing prototypes
too since it is clear we have not the resources to have others do what
someone else proposes.

To do this I have set up TARPL, a web page where I collect prototypes:
	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/tarpl.html

Some suggestions do not require prototyping, ref. recent suggestion
on adding brochures to our classes of documents and cooperating with
the Linux brochure project.

Additionally I do some public relations, for instance I got the ball
rolling with the 10 year anniversary for TLDP.

I have also gotten in contact with people doing Librarian Sciences
to get a student (later perhaps more students) to do a project on
restructuring the growing number of documents and formats. This I
hope will also be food for another announcement.

I am not sure how to properly define my role here but the todo-list
is just one of many things I do.

My mail address is the one this is sent from: ####@####.####
which already is the target of 200+ spams a day and is protected by
SpamAsassin and can handle the exposure.

I hope I can be more active later this autumn.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen