discuss: Compiling HOWTO

Subject: Compiling HOWTO
From: "Diego M. Vadell - UYR" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 2004 02:48:35 -0000

Hi list!

Please consider the inclusion of the Compiling-HOWTO, written by me and
located in http://compiling.avsnet.com.ar/ . From it's abstract:

How to compile is a very common question among newbies. This howto wants
to answer that question, and also give an lightweight explanation of how
does an ELF binary works, how does the shared libraries are found and who
are the actors of the compiling process, in order to give a system
administrator the tools and knowledge to troubleshoot compiling and general
library problems.

Its been discussed in March/April 2002, so long ago that Tabatha Marshall
asked me to post it to the list to get some feedback. Thank you very much!

 -- Diego.

--
:( >> $$
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me