discuss: Document Reviews and Conversions required

Subject: RE: Document Reviews and Conversions required
From: "Greg Porter" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jul 2004 04:51:20 -0000

Once upon a time, I was a system administrator where I work.  Then the
boss left, and I got promoted.  I had a lot of howtos I had written in
various formats that were of use to others.  So I taught myself DocBook
and began converting them.

We are forced at gunpoint at work to use a Windows OS for our desktops,
and I evaluated various XML editors for Windows.  I tried Cladonia's
Exchanger XML editor (http://www.exchangerxml.com/) and liked it, so
that's what I have been using recently.  So I have good tools, some
experience in XML, and I want to help.  This will be the first document
I have helped with, so I'm sure I will need some guidance and advice
along the way.

Yes, I would prefer a final "no joke" version before we mark it up.  I
am happy to include whatever metadata is appropriate.

You can write me down as working on the conversion to DocBook, although
if others volunteer, I will be glad to coordinate and share the burden
with them.

Best regards,

Greg

--