discuss: Reviews required: LPI Certification Self-Study Guide

Subject: Re: Reviews required: LPI Certification Self-Study Guide
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2004 19:13:00 -0000

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 06:19:25PM +0000, David Horton wrote:
> When I said I was looking for people to help write practice questions I did not mean to imply that I was asking TLDP editors to help me write the document.  I do however wish to get assistance from the Linux community as a whole.  It would be unrealistic to think that I myself could do justice to every topic the LPI exams cover.  But, with the help of others I believe together we can build a worth-while self study guide.  My reason for submitting the document in its present and incomplete state was to lay out the basic framework and hopefully generate some interest in the project.

I completely understand. However, the role of the formal review process is
not to confirm the structure of the document, but rather to review the
final product. The Peer Review phase is for the structure of the document.
Documents in the Technical/Language Review phase should be approximately
static (i.e. final). A technical review can take as long as a week to
conduct once a reviewer has been found. You don't want the document itself
changing while it's being reviewed...if it does change then the review is
no longer valid because it's no longer the same document!

I'm not meaning to discourage you at all!! I just want to put efforts into
the appropriate place. (This is also why I emailed the LPI directly so
that they could give you feedback on the document.)

I've moved your document back to the "In Progress" list (instead of "Under
Review") for now. Once the document is approximately static we will start
the Technical and Language reviews.

thanks,
emma

--