discuss: Reviews required: LPI Certification Self-Study Guide

Subject: Re: Reviews required: LPI Certification Self-Study Guide
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2004 13:27:12 -0000

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:51:25PM -0500, David Horton wrote:
> It is short because much of it is incomplete.  I am still trying to find
> people to help write practice questions, answers and references.

Only completed documents should be submitted to the formal review process.
We have very few volunteers to conduct reviews and already 15 or so
documents in the review process. The goal of the review is not to help the
author write the document, but rather to review the final document to see
if it should be included in the collection. Please note: not all documents
that are accepted into the review process are published. There are
sometimes copyright issues, or glaring technical errors that prevent the
LDP from accepting documents for publication.

Please read:

	http://tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/ag-review.html
	6.4. TLDP Review Process

	Before your document is accepted to the LDP collection it will undergo at
	least three formal reviews. These reviews include a technical accuracy
	review, a language review and a metadata review. All new documents must
	pass these reviews before being accepted into the collection.

	When you feel your document is finished, email a copy to the submit
	mailing list. Please include the title of your document and "Final Review
	Required" in the subject line of your email. A team of volunteers will be
	assigned to your document for each of the reviews. It may take up to a
	week to gather a team who is qualified to review your document. Typically
	the technical review happens first, followed by the language review and
	finally the metadata review. Your reviewers will read your document give
	you feedback on whether or not they think your document is ready for
	publication in the LDP collection.

thanks,
emma

--