discuss: Proposal: LPI Self-Study Guide

Subject: Re: Proposal: LPI Self-Study Guide
From: Jess Portnoy ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jul 2004 02:00:53 -0000

Hello,
I read the material and found it to be a good start. I find your layout
of the test's format to be useful, brief and to the point, same applies
to the rest of the material. that's good, some manuals tend to use to
many words and long unnecessary sentences, thus making the reader skip
whole paragraphs, sometimes missing the one line in them that's actually
important.
About the license, I don't like the restriction that much either but you
do have a point: since the target of the how to is to assist people in
passing the test it is best that the maintainers be ones who actually
did it. You can have vast knowledge of Linux without taking this test
but the point is not so much to give people knowledge of Linux but give
specific knowledge for the task at hand. I do think you should add a
remark explaining your choice to use this license and stating that even
if you are not an LPI certified you are still invited to send your
remarks/additions to the maintainers so they can be evaluated and
considered thus not discouraging the general public from contributing.

Use Linux - live longer
Best regards,
Jess Portnoy

         .'''''''.