discuss: Religious Text Translation HOWTO (was: Bible Translation HOWTO)

Subject: Religious Text Translation HOWTO (was: Bible Translation HOWTO)
From: Tabatha Marshall ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jul 2004 01:25:42 -0000

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 17:04, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Kevin Cullis wrote:
>
> > What most people DON'T realize is that Open Source software is actually
> > closer to the ideas espoused by Christianity.  Let me explain.
>
> Right.  That's it.  Can we please forcibly rename this text to:
>
>     "Religious Text Translation HOWTO"
>
>  -- before it is allowed to go out in the name of an organisation to
> which I am proud to adhere.

That's right along the lines of what we'd already discussed with the
author.  I think that any further discussion of the document should be
used with the above as well, just to make sure there's no confusion as
to what the HOWTO is about.

> P.S.  I'm thinking of starting work on a "Book of Urantia HOWTO" to
> submit to the LDP.  Any objections?

That would all depend on how it relates to Linux, silly.  :D

Since the Religious Text Translation covers performing the task of
translation in the Linux environment, it has value.  There is a unique
presentation format to consider as well, common to religious text.

I can't imagine for the life of me how you could make a HOWTO out of
Urantia that was Linux-related.  If you were kidding, good luck to you,
and if you weren't, more of the same anyway!

Tab

--
Tabatha Marshall
Web: www.merlinmonroe.com