discuss: Parallel Processing HOWTO becomes a Guide?

Subject: Parallel Processing HOWTO becomes a Guide?
From: Hank Dietz ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jun 2004 13:41:04 -0000

In looking at the current LDP guidelines, I'm thinking that maybe the
best thing to do is to essentially let the Parallel Processing HOWTO
fade into obscurity while my update becomes the Parallel Processing
Guide.  The guide structure wasn't established when the original
HOWTO was written, but I think it is more consistent with the flavor
of the material and its presentation.  (Certainly, the HOWTO is long
enough to be a guide.  ;-)  Comments?

Quoting G Ferguson / LDP ####@####.####
> > 1. I've moved from Purdue to the University of Kentucky, and no
> >   longer am reachable by the email address officially given for
> >   the HOWTO maintainer.  The home site for the HOWTO is also
> >   changed to aggregate.org/PPLINUX. How do I get that info updated?
>
> Do you want that updated immediately, or can we wait until you
> submit an update? I can change the existing source and re-publish
> what we have, just let me know (please provide the correct email/URLs).

Greg: if the HOWTO does mutate into a Guide, I think it would make the
most sense to update the email/URL immediately.  My email address is
####@####.#### and my other contact info are at the bottom of this
email. So that I have a single entry address for the old HOWTO, new Guide,
and anything else I or my group might do for LDP, change the HOWTO URL to:

http://aggregate.org/LDP/

This address is effective immediately (i.e., it works now).

BTW, thanks for your comments.  It is nice to know that there is finally
a way to include figures...  even if I need to switch things to DocBook
in order to do it.  After all, the original HOWTO was in HTML and I had
to switch it to SGML when LDP adopted that.

Thanks.

--
Hank Dietz, Professor & James F. Hardymon Chair in Networking         .-.
University of Kentucky, Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept.   .-. /v\