discuss: Suggestion: AsciiDoc as a new format for submissions

Subject: Re: Suggestion: AsciiDoc as a new format for submissions
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jun 2004 22:16:59 -0000

With nearly 700 unread emails in my inbox it will take me some
time to get through it all but my absence was only temporary.

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 14:44 4/27/2004, ####@####.#### wrote:
>
>> The only thing I missed was a "quick and dirty" or "fast"
>> introduction to the format, maybe it would be usefull to have a
>> skeleton file with an initial structure and some comments in it, to
>> make it even easier getting along with Docbook.
>> [...]
>> If I find the time, I am going to create such a file, but that may
>> take up to 5 weeks :-( - anybody willing to do so?

What you are looking for is a Template and indeed we have them
both in LinuxDoc and DocBook, for big as well as for small HOWTOs.

[snip]

> Most of what you look for, if not all, is included in Stein Gjoen's
> tutorial on DocBook. Have you seen it? If so, is it missing anything?

Actually it is LinuxDoc that is the tool I prefer and that I wrote
the Templates as well as the Generator for. Others have helpfully
made DocBook equivalents.

> Stein is also on this list if you care to offer feedback.

I am here still, slowly catching up using whatever time I have
left outside my daytime (and seemingly nighttime too) job. I
hope to be more active later, possibly returning to full steam
somewhen in September.

Best regards,
    Stein Gjoen