discuss: Serial-Programming-HOWTO

Subject: Re: Serial-Programming-HOWTO
From: "Gary Frerking" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jun 2004 22:26:53 -0000

David,

I've tried to get in contact with Vern re: his materials (and to gain direct
permission to use them) and have had no luck.

So, I agree with your "what do we do with this one?" question.

Your point that I have not submitted anything since our discussion last year
is also well taken. I've simply been buried in too many  personal and
business matters in "real life" to raise the priority to a high enough
level. I'm currently involved in moving myself and my family halfway across
the country, so I don't see the situation stablizing for at least the next
month or two.

I'm honestly still interested in helping; but realistically speaking I'm not
sure when I'll be able to complete the work and associated testing. Right
now, all my Linux boxes are packed up ready to move. Given all this, I
reluctantly agree that it makes sense to look for someone else to take over
the HOW-TO... that is, if a qualified person is available (and willing) to
do so. Serial programming is obviously a specialized field.

Please not that my email address is 'gary' not 'gray' as you had in your
email.

-- Gary