discuss: is SGML rendering still buggy?

Subject: is SGML rendering still buggy?
From: Roel van Meer ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2001 09:45:59 -0000

Hi list,

My company is starting with a project that will require much
documentation. We are still debating whether we will write in latex
or SGML. i recall that about a year ago the rendering tools for SGML
were still a bit buggy, and were not always producing the desired
output. Does anyone know if this is still the case, or are there
good utilities right now to produce the various output formats?

Besides, are there any other good arguments to go with SGML instead
of latex, besides the range of output formats that can be produced
from sgml? (i don't want to start a war on this one, but we honestly
don't know which way to go, and doing an educated guess is still
better than flipping a coin...)

Thanks in advance for any information or hints,

Roel van Meer
--
1A First Alternative ####@####.####    www.alt001.com
Linvision BV         ####@####.#### (www|devel).linvision.com