discuss: [mmourani@sympatico.ca: securing and optimizing linux authors]

Subject: Re: [mmourani@sympatico.ca: securing and optimizing linux authors]
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2001 06:30:13 -0000

Re: 'securing and optimizing linux: red hat edition' (a LDP
guide which had it's license changed for a new edition)

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 05:13:17PM -0700, Joshua -Poet- Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is important to remember that this document was never "Free" as in FSF.
> It was free as in "beer".

It was not only free in cost but anyone could copy and distribute it.
True, it wasn't FSF-free, but it was licensed under the "Open
Publication License" with both restrictive options enabled.  Now, sad
to say, it isn't free in any sense of the word.