discuss: Bible Translation HOWTO

Subject: Bible Translation HOWTO
From: Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jun 2004 16:41:03 -0000

Hi Teus,

I haven't really been following the discussion list as I'm in the middle
of a deadline right now. I /personally/ did not have a problem with your
original proposal. I am not religious, but do consider myself to be
accepting of the beliefs of others. I am interested in seeing your final
product from a translation perspective. I am (by day) a Web developer and
the problems of translation are of great interest to me. I would be
fascinated to see how Bible translations differ from "regular" text.

I would like to work with you on getting the document ready. It is possible
that the final text _may not_ be appropriate for distribution with the LPD,
however, if this is the case I will help you to find somewhere that is
appropriate. I have no idea why you were removed from the list--it was
certainly not discussed on the staff list ahead of time. You were civil
the entire time--unlike many of the others who responded to you.

Please contact me off-list and we will get started on your document.

thanks,
emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin