discuss: why the bible translation howto is inappropriate for LDP

Subject: Re: why the bible translation howto is inappropriate for LDP
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 31 May 2004 18:54:44 -0000

At 23:43 5/24/2004, s. keeling wrote:
>Incoming from Teus Benschop:
> > Hi, sorry for posting this off-list. It is not my custom to do that. But
> > I have have been cast off the list for no reason. I think that is not
>
>If this is true, I'd very much like to know why.  Everything I've seen
>from Teus has been polite, civil, and on-topic for someone offering to
>write a HOWTO.  The replies he received have been less so.

I agree with s. keeling here.

I had the opportunity to go to a week-long seminar and have been out of
touch totally (so I have 4000 messages to sort through), but I would like
to know for sure whether or not someone did kick Teus off the list. Can
anyone other than Sergiuzs do that? Did Sergiusz or anyone else do that? If
so, why? The actual discussion involved a lot of people *other* than Teus
mostly, and perhaps one or two posts from him which were the least
controversial and religious of the bunch... kicking him off would have been
totally inappropriate, I think.

I have also not received any reply to my post to Sergiusz, questioning his
IMHO heavy-handed threat to throw anyone off the list who continued with
that discussion. I have not seen nor can I find any discussion on what *is*
grounds for kicking anyone off this list, but in particular I thought that
this discussion had quite some relevance for LDP and was appalled that the
list maintainer would invoke his power in that way.

This is a wonderful community, with open and respectful principles and
beliefs, and working very hard for a noble and worthy goal. Please, let us
be careful not to lower those standards!

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz