discuss: Bible Translation HOWTO (new)

Subject: Re: Bible Translation HOWTO (new)
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 22 May 2004 00:26:00 -0000

At 09:37 5/21/2004, s. keeling wrote:
>Incoming from Daniel Quintiliani:
> >
> > The Bible most likely requires a lot of work to translate and I think that
> > this would be a great HOWTO because this is such an influential book,
> whether
> > you're a Christian or not.
>
>Would you say the same thing for Mein Kampf?

I have to agree with s. keeling that the content of the Bible is entirely
irrelevant to whether this HOWTO should or should not be hosted in LDP.
Heck, I just spent some time arguing that from another perspective to Rahul
and Doug.

Whether or not this HOWTO should be hosted on LDP depends on whether you
agree with my earlier statement to Rahul, to wit: Teus wishes to write
documentation to help people who perform a specific task move from Windows
to Linux. In that sense, and disregarding the content of the specific text
he wants to translate, how is this any different from the
recently-applauded SPICE HOWTO? In my mind, it isn't.

P.S. I could personally care less whether anyone translates the Bible or
not. However, even if I were a sworn atheist (I'm not), and a radical
thinker (not yet), then I would still find no fault with this HOWTO. It is
not about religion, it is about increasing the use of Linux. Who are we to
say that he cannot help other Bible (or Dilbert) translators move from
Windows to Linux?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz