discuss: Bible Translation HOWTO (new)

Subject: Re: Bible Translation HOWTO (new)
From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" ####@####.####
Date: 22 May 2004 00:11:27 -0000

At 11:35 5/21/2004, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>There is no reason this should be part of LDP. whether
>it is generally influential or not is irrelevant

The bottom line is that Teus performs a task today on Windows. He is
attempting to move to Linux, slowly at first but making an effort to
convert tools and create new resources. He has a *technical* problem (how
to move this task to Linux), his objective is to increase the use of
*Linux*, and he proposes to write *documentation* on *how to* solve this
problem. This is entirely relevant to LDP.

This man is not putting the Bible online, damnit, nor is he advocating
anything. He is writing a HOWTO for Bible translators on how to use Linux
instead of Windows. I see this is as being precisely smack-on one of the
key objectives of LDP: helping people use Linux in new ways.

Any objection related to the Bible's *CONTENT* is irrelevant, prejudicial,
and personally biased. I don't care whether you're a Hindu, Buddhist,
Taoist, Jew, Christian, Protestant, or Muslim... censoring a howto about
translation based on the content the writer hopes to translate is just
that: censorship.

Grumble grumble,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz