discuss: How the LDP works . . . .

Subject: Re: How the LDP works . . . .
From: Rahul ####@####.####
Date: 19 May 2004 23:42:45 -0000

 --- Stuart Brorson ####@####.#### wrote: > Hello
again --

> Please forgive me if this is in the FAQ somewhere, I
> looked around but
> didn't get my questions answered.  Here are three
> questions about the
> mechanics of submitting a HOWTO to the LDP:
>
> 1.  Are there editors who will proof and edit the
> doc, or does the
> LDP just take the submission and stick it on the web
> (assuming it
> meets some threshold of acceptability)?

every document will undergo a language as well as
technical review.

> 2.  How do I turn it in?  Must I mail it in, or can
> I provide a link to
> the doc on a web page?  I would prefer to have some
> feedback before I
> just e-mail it in, that's why a link is better -- I
> can point readers
> to the link & solicit criticism.  Then, when I am
> happy with the doc,
> I can send a "go get it" e-mail.  Is this
> acceptable?

you can send a link to this list for gathering more
feedback and send it to ####@####.#### when you
feel its ready for the review

> 3.  I have some formatting errors; I am not an sgml
> expert.  Should
> I work through my errors myself, or just hand the
> text in and let the
> experts deal with the sgml?  After all, if the LDP
> re-formats
> submissions as a matter of course anyway, then I'd
> rather just submit
> what I have and let the experts deal with finalizing
> the format.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stuart Brorson

you can submit it whatever format you prefer and it
will converted into sgml/xml and you just need to
maintain it that way. you can also ask questions in
the mailing list thats specifically meant for asking
such doubts and convert it into sgml/xml yourself.
there is a simple linuxdoc as well as more complete
docbook format.

regards
Rahul