discuss: How the LDP works . . . .

Subject: How the LDP works . . . .
From: ####@####.#### (Stuart Brorson)
Date: 19 May 2004 11:52:21 -0000

Hello again --

Please forgive me if this is in the FAQ somewhere, I looked around but
didn't get my questions answered.  Here are three questions about the
mechanics of submitting a HOWTO to the LDP:

1.  Are there editors who will proof and edit the doc, or does the
LDP just take the submission and stick it on the web (assuming it
meets some threshold of acceptability)?

2.  How do I turn it in?  Must I mail it in, or can I provide a link to
the doc on a web page?  I would prefer to have some feedback before I
just e-mail it in, that's why a link is better -- I can point readers
to the link & solicit criticism.  Then, when I am happy with the doc,
I can send a "go get it" e-mail.  Is this acceptable?

3.  I have some formatting errors; I am not an sgml expert.  Should
I work through my errors myself, or just hand the text in and let the
experts deal with the sgml?  After all, if the LDP re-formats
submissions as a matter of course anyway, then I'd rather just submit
what I have and let the experts deal with finalizing the format.

Thanks,

Stuart Brorson